Illusion that Adsense earns you Passive Income

>> Friday, October 17, 2008

Okay. I hate to be the party spoiler to break the news. But sad to say, for those who are looking to earn easy money online, this is perhaps not a post you should be reading. For what I am about to say here might make you disillusioned.

The fact that I have discovered is this. Adsense earnings are in no way considered passive income.

You basically have to work hard for it through blogging or improving your websites. This might take more time than you can expect, perhaps even more time than you spend on your day job. So if you are thinking of blogging as a means to passive income, think again. Earning money from Adsense is definitely not passive and definitely not easy.

Nevertheless, I have been encouraged by my daily adsense earnings which have improved quite a bit considered to the first month that I started out. I hope to improve my adsense earnings to over $10 for the month of Oct. Yes, that is not a lot but it is a realistic target that I am setting for myself.

At the problogger website, I read that almost 90% of bloggers make no money from their blogs. 9% of the average bloggers probably make $20-$50 per month and the remaining 1% are those that manage to earn probably a six figure sum from blogging (adsense, affiliate programs, etc).

I need to work hard to make adsense a viable source of passive income for me (to move from the 90% to the average 9% of bloggers. $20 to $50 a month is pathetic in terms of adsense earnings if one considers the amount of time involved. Calculated on a per hour basis, blogging would seem to be unprofitable compared to perhaps just doing part time baby sitting or tuition.

0 comments:

About this Blog

This blog is about an aspiring stay at home dad who wants to create an empire of blogs that will generate enough adsense revenue for him to fulfill his dream of working from home and earning money online

  © Blogger template Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP